Bobby Rahal Honda is looking for hard working candidates to work in an entry level position in the car wash. Hours are Monday through Friday 7am-4pm or 7am-4:30pm with one day off during the week and rotating Saturdays from 8am-2pm.
What does a Car Wash Porter do?
A Car Wash Porter is one of the last team members to touch a client's vehicle before they see it after being serviced – we are looking for a detail-oriented team player who takes pride in what they do and wants to delight our clients by providing customer service that sparkles, literally and figuratively speaking!
As a Car Wash Porter, you will:
- Wash, dry, and vacuum all vehicles. This includes client vehicles that are in for service as well as our fleet of loaner cars. Pay extra attention to areas like the windows, tires, wheels, dashboards, and door jambs. If the car was "eating bugs", apply insect remover.
- Note any damage on the vehicle before running it through the automated car wash.
- Park the vehicle in the appropriate location after it has been cleaned. Document where the vehicle is parked, and ensure that all doors have been locked and all windows/sunroofs/etc. are closed.
- Take pride in your space by keeping the car wash area neat and clean.
- Wash and dry the towels and rags used to wipe down vehicles.
- Pick up trash around the dealership – if you see it, you own it!
- Help out with snow removal efforts in winter.
What are the educational/experience requirements needed to be a Car Wash Porter?
- None. We just ask that you have a positive attitude, solid work ethic and an open mind – everything else, we can teach you.
What are the general requirements of this position?
- You need to have a valid driver's license and a clean driving record. The ability (or at least the willingness to learn how) to drive a manual transmission is important.
- For safety, we provide eye and hearing protection. You will need slip-resistant shoes, either purchased on your own or through one of our payroll deduction programs. It is crucial that you follow the speed limit in our parking lots, and horseplay in any form is not tolerated.
- This position requires you to be on your feet for long periods of time. You must be able to walk, bend over, squat, reach, turn, and twist as well as make repetitive motions.
- "Fast paced" is the way to describe the car wash work environment as there is constant vehicle movement. You'll be expected to work in all weather conditions, and the inside of the car wash is often wet and slippery. You must be able to work around chemicals used in the service area.
- We expect all team members to comply with the Bobby Rahal Automotive Group's handbook dress code policies. Car Wash Porters are provided a uniform by the company and are required to maintain a professional appearance.
What are my rewards and benefits?
- When you work for the Bobby Rahal Automotive Group, you're a part of a world-class organization with a stellar reputation in the community. We're often referred to as "Team Rahal" and for good reason – there is great camaraderie amongst our team members, and our number one focus is to work together exceed our clients' expectations each and every time they do business with us.
- Full-time team members are eligible for a full benefits package including medical/dental/vision insurance, life insurance, short and long term disability, and a flexible spending account.
- We offer competitive wages and embrace a "promote from within" philosophy.
- Paid time off is offered after one year of employment. Team members are eligible for holiday pay after 90 days of employment.
If you are willing to work the hours necessary and you are interested in this position, please apply online today!
Bobby Rahal Automotive Group is an Equal Opportunity Employer!
Sign Up For Job Alerts!