Bobby Rahal Toyota & Lexus of Lewistown is seeking an outgoing, friendly candidate to work in Sales. Hours include evenings & weekends.
What does a Sales Consultant do?
Maybe it's better to define what our Sales Consultants DON'T do. Surely you've heard the stereotype: a client goes into a car dealership and is approached by a dollar-signs-in-eyes salesman anxiously attempting to coerce the client into buying a car they can't afford or aren't comfortable with. At the Bobby Rahal Automotive Group, we do things differently. Our Sales Consultants greet our clients warmly, take bona fide interest in their needs/wants/budget situations, and after thoughtful consideration help guide them towards their dream car. We are all about relationship building – and if our reputation in the community is any indication, our clients truly appreciate this approach. We're looking for a genuine, self-motivated individual to join our sales team. If you like what you've read so far and have a passion for providing top-notch customer service, maybe this is a golden opportunity for you.
As a Sales Consultant, you will:
- Satisfy the transportation needs of our clients. Assist them in selecting a vehicle by asking questions and listening carefully to their responses. We can't put enough emphasis on the latter part of that last sentence...pay attention to what the client wants, and help them find it!
- Fully explain the features and benefits of their vehicle of interest, while still keying into what they value. If a client has small children and is very safety-conscious, they probably want you to put extra emphasis on the vehicle's airbags and other means of protection, not its bumpin' stereo system. Or maybe they regularly have family dance parties while driving and care about all of the above. The point is...focus on what the client wants and demonstrate why the vehicle is awesome accordingly.
- Utilize our client management software to keep in touch with prospective buyers. And for previously sold clients, reach out and say hello periodically to encourage repeat business and referrals. Again – we build relationships. The friendly service doesn't stop after the sale.
- Complete purchase agreements and process all sales-related paperwork in accordance with our dealership's policies.
- Coordinate with service so that the new vehicle is properly cleaned and prepared before the client arrives. Then perform what we call a "delivery" – this is when you ensure that the client understands the vehicle's operating features and warranty, and complete paperwork. If there are any post-delivery items requiring extra attention (tag/title work, "we owes", or special requests), be sure to stay on top of them so that all client expectations are met.
- Attend ongoing training to keep abreast of new products, features, accessories, and so on...we want you to fully understand these benefits so you can communicate to our clients why they are fantastic. Also attend weekly sales meetings.
What are the educational/experience requirements needed to be a Sales Consultant?
- Other than possessing solid people-acumen, there is no prior experience required for this position. If you already love/know a lot about cars – great! But it's not a necessity, we just expect that you have the willingness to learn all about our wonderful products. We'd prefer you have a high school diploma or GED, but if you have one to three months of related experience/training or a combination of experience and education you could be considered.
What are the general requirements of this position?
- A positive attitude and desire to help others are absolute musts, and you should really be comfortable talking with different people from all walks of life.
- You should be comfortable handling negotiation, rejection, and conflict. You also need to have strong follow-up skills.
- Your schedule will vary throughout the week but you need to be able to work evenings and Saturdays.
- You must have a valid driver's license and a clean driving record. You will also need a PA Vehicle Sales License, which we will help you furnish.
- You'll need to be okay with working in all weather conditions as sometimes you will need to complete tasks with vehicles on the lot. A substantial amount of your time will be spent on your feet or sitting in vehicles reviewing features, but there is some usage of a computer and desk time involved as well. We expect you to keep an eye on the showroom/lot when you aren't actively working with a client.
- You will be required to comply with the Bobby Rahal Automotive Group handbook dress code policies.
What are my rewards and benefits?
- When you work for the Bobby Rahal Automotive Group, you're a part of a world-class organization with a stellar reputation in the community. We're often referred to as "Team Rahal" and for good reason – there is great camaraderie amongst our team members, and our number one focus is to work together exceed our clients' expectations each and every time they do business with us.
- Full-time team members are eligible for a full benefits package including medical/dental/vision insurance, life insurance, short and long term disability, and a flexible spending account.
- We offer competitive wages and embrace a "promote from within" philosophy.
- Sick time and vacation pay are offered after one year of employment. Team members are eligible for holiday pay after 90 days of employment.
Interested candidates should apply online. No phone calls please.
Bobby Rahal Automotive Group is an Equal Opportunity Employer!
Sign Up For Job Alerts!